MTRJ Fiber Optic Cables
We provide a full line of MTRJ fiber optic cables including:
- MTRJ/MTRJ MULTIMODE 50/125, DUPLEX PVC
- MTRJ/MTRJ, MULTIMODE 62.5/125, DUPLEX PVC
- MTRJ/SC, MULTIMODE 50/125, DUPLEX PVC
- MTRJ/SC, MULTIMODE 62.5/125, DUPLEX PVC
- MTRJ/ST, MULTIMODE 50/125, DUPLEX PVC
- MTRJ/ST, MULTIMODE 62.5/125, DUPLEX PVC
Singlemode fiber gives you a higher transmission rate and up to 50 times more distance than
multimode, but it also costs more. Singlemode fiber has a much smaller core than multimode. The small
core and single light-wave virtually eliminate any distortion that could result from overlapping light pulses,
providing the least signal attenuation and the highest transmission speeds of any fiber cable type.
Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds over medium distances. Light waves are
dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. Typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50, 62.5, and 100 micrometers. However, in long
cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission.